Total Pageviews

Friday, February 1, 2013

A Good Friday in Moab

Today the sun came out and brightened my day here in Moab. I rose early and went to the gym for a 40 minute run on the treadmill; still too cold to run outside. I like to listen to up beat music when I run; rock or dance music keeps me moving along. Today it was "The Cat Empire".....I'll let them tell you what they're all about;

Where hip-hop meets reggae, where jazz is played with dirty hands, where a Cuban line meets an Aussie rule, where nothing seems in place but sounds like many places played in one earthy chord. This is the island where THE CAT EMPIRE was born. (Written by the band in 2001)

This band is totally awesome, check them out at www.thecatempire.com

Breakfast at my usual spot the Red Rock Bakery & Cafe. Howard and staff serving up delicious locally roasted coffee and bagels....love this place. Now I just need to get the other artists and poets to join me once or twice a week to plot our overthrow of society :)

I also got word that my upcoming Beginning Pencil Drawing class at the MARC (Moab Art and Recreation Center) has 11 students and the Beginning Oil Painting class has 4 students. Classes start next week and run for 6 weeks. This should be fun and interesting.

Also I want to mention the Moab Brewery www.themoabbrewery.com , I had dinner there tonight where they served the most delicious vegetarian Asiago & Garlic Ravioli Dinner for $10.69. Really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment