Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

Canyon Road

Painting No. 113, Canyon Road
Clear Creek Canyon, Carson City, Nevada
8"x 6", oil on linen panel
6-30-2011

I couldn't take it anymore.
It had been 4 days since I last painted outside and I was Jones'n for a chance to get my hands messy. I only had 40 minutes to work before I had to be at a meeting so I drove up what's know as Old Clear Creek road, just outside of Carson City looking for a spot. Stopped at this location, grabbed my bag and started flinging colors.

This painting is of the lower canyon, where the road snakes through a tight slot, with steep granite formations on the southerly hills, a small overly vegetated stream bed in the bottom and large steep cuts into the granite on the north side to create the road bed. This was at one point in history a portion of U.S. Hwy 50 connecting New York City to San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment