Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Moab Community Theatre 2013

What a great night to be in Moab, Utah.
The weather was just perfect today. I was in the gallery working on a new painting and a fellow artist came in, sat and talked for a half hour or so. Then I got a call inviting me to a "happy hour social" at a friends house after work. These are the nicest people, they've really allowed me to be a part of their lives and meet their close friends. Really a great group of Moabites, I can't say enough for their generosity towards me.
After drinking come wine and singing along to the ukulele, we all walked down to Star Hall; a cosy historic theater originally built in 1905, that's a wonderful place to see movies and plays. Tonight's entertainment was the Moab Community Theatres' production of "A Company of Wayward Saints", written by George Herman and directed by Shane Bartosh.
This play written in 1963 tells the tale of a theater company attempting to earn enough money to travel home by performing a one-night play for a rich benefactor.
I really enjoyed the production. I thought the entire cast was spot on and that everything was done with great precision and professionalism.

The play runs March 3rd at 2:00pm, and March 7,8,9 at 7:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment